Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Oscars Blog

Hi and welcome to Ocars' blog. Oscar is a grand eclectus and was hatched March of 2013. He is a spunky little guy and we love him alot.

My first eclectus was willed to me she was my mothers who had her since before she was married and had children. I am her oldest child and a young 38 years of age. We estimated Girlie at 37 years old as she passed away Feb. of 2014. From what, is unknown she had no health issues, was not a plucker and the vet believes from old age mixed with possible grieving for my mother.

Since I became owned by an eclectus I ventured on the net trying to absorb as much information as I possible could; however, I learned that a lot of the information posted is not ideal for a healthy lifestyle for the eclectus parrot.

I am part of many groups and learned so much but everyday you learn more. I am not an expert on the eclectus and do not portray to be one. I have learned a lot of my information from my mother, my vet (who is also and eclectus owner) and a breeder whom I got Oscar from and she is full of useful knowledge advice about all things eclectus.

My only hope is to provide information to others who have come to own an eclectus and want to be on the right path. The eclectus diet is not one like any other parrot. The our extremely beautiful, loving, and social parrots. However, their system is a little finicky so diet is extremely important so they do not have health issues later on in their life.

Come back by and take a peek at our posts. Oscar is learning I will try to keep this blog informed on dietary needs, tricks, treats, socializing, children, hormonal issues, as well as introducing them to a pet that is already in the home.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment